Here are some consumer insights which may help you to lend meaning to your tagline : “We understand your world”.
1) In our world, when we call up the branch (at given number in the passbook), we expect some human being to speak to us. Not a AVRS taking us through a range of meaningless options and then leading nowhere.
2) If you decide to send us the passbook and print it, we expected it to print the initial pages with the current balance also. Why do you expect us to go to the bank for getting it updated for the first time, when the data is already there in your system when you printed our passbook? Think logically, marketing guys…!
3) In our real world, we don’t carry HUF debit card (because we said we did not want it, in the first place), even if it comes FREE. You send us a FREE debit card and then you force us to enter Debit card and its PIN number in various transactions which could have been designed some other way.
4) In real world, we don’t carry following things, all together :
- Bank Account Number
- Your Customer ID (TWO in case of HUF)
- Your NetBanking Password
- Your TPIN (Phone Banking PIN)
- Your Debit Card Number
- Your Debit Card ATM PIN number
No we dont’t.
5) In our real world, when we go to our bank to deposit cash, the Receiving Cashier does not treat us as if we are the reason for her Bad Hair Day, and angrily ask us to provide “Source” for a deposit of few thousand rupees. It could be a formality, but your Cashiers could behave a little more friendly, if you really Understood Our World.
6) In our real world in our Credit Card statements, the name that we should write on cheques for Credit Card payment should be written in normal sized letters. Currently, you can’t read it with Magnifying glass also.
7) The space for writing name in your Deposit Slips is illogically less. In our real world, this space should be bigger.
8) When we are sold the Credit Card, the bank RM and some other sales people follow up a lot, but after that, for making payment for the same Credit Card, the branch does not have much support other than a drop box to drop cheques. Any grievance, concern regarding the Credit Card has to be handled by the customer himself/herself. In real world, the customer is same when you sold him the card and after that. You may turn your back towards him, but he does not forget that.