Here is the first hand experience of traveling by First AC in 19116 Bhuj BDTS Express.
1) Yes, some extra space is there, but dirt, poor maintenance and attitude of employees spoils that luxury. The experience is far less than satisfactory.
2) The cabins are only superficially clean. Curtains, other utility areas are not touched since months. Curtains are torn. Cabin doors don’t close.
3) Toilets are punishments. Soap not filled. Floor dirty. Soap case not touched since months. Stoppers sticky. Not much qualitative difference than a sleeper or second class toilet.
4) Cleaning service is pathetic. The cleaner just provides lip service to the job. He comes, sprays some liquid all around the coach, disappears for 15-20 minutes then comes hurriedly and mops the floor casually. He is more interested in getting the feedback form filled. (I filled the form with negative feedback for all things not done. I hope someone reads and cares for improvement.
5) The First AC compartment has an attendant. He was more theoretical than practically being there. I observed they have nothing to do after keeping beddings on the seats. The attendant is given a cabin. Here, all the attendants of other AC compartments gather and loudly chat well beyond 2 am in the morning, creating nuisance and disturbing the passengers (remember, cabin doors don’t close).
With such a high premium charged, the service levels must be very high. You give this much money to any private operator and they will provide excellent service.
With the current attitude of Indian Railways, First AC is certainly not worth it. It is just Sleeper class with AC. Nothing else is different.
Only the charges are first class. Nothing else is.